What is the link between the Full Moon and insomnia?
If you've been pointing the finger at too much screen time before bed, you can now turn your attention to the Full Moon. Scientists agree that the most common explanation for insomnia is that our internal biological clock is linked to the phases of the Moon.
Indeed, many of us find that it takes us longer to get to sleep on these evenings and that the quality of our sleep is often inferior to other nights. This is due to a diminution of melatonin, the hormone that helps you sleep. If this is your case, scientists call it being ‘lunar rhythmic’ and it means our bodies function around the phases of the moon.
- Discover how the Full Moon affects each zodiac sign -
Can’t sleep Full Moon spiritual meaning: Explanation as to why
‘The Sun sees your body, the Moon sees your soul.’ This ancient proverb perfectly describes our relationship with this powerful star. Often we look to the Sun to bring us light and clarity, while it is the Moon that sees us in our darkest hours. As humans, we go through different phases, just like the Moon does each month. Simply put, the stronger your connection to the Full Moon, in other words, the more affected by it, you are, the more aligned your heart chakra is. The heart chakra houses kindness and forgiveness. Therefore, as a sensitive soul, this cycle impacts you more than others and deprives you of sleep as a way of getting you to focus on how you can repair relationships.
🌟 Discover your destiny with the help of a Psychic! All readings are 100% risk-free, confidential and anonymous.🌟
The Full Moon and astrology
For Susan Taylor, there is a strong link between insomnia and the Full Moon. According to our specialists, the stars are greatly affected by this cycle. It is regularly a time when people will reveal something or suddenly see the light, and this is because it encourages impulsivity and more instinctive feelings... These emotions are reflected during the nighttime and cause for a restless sleep.
- Discover our tips for better sleep based on each zodiac sign and which plants help you sleep -
Are you Moon-sensitive?
Certain people are more sensitive than others to the effects of this phase, in the same way that some people are more receptive to electromagnetic waves (Wi-Fi, telephone etc.). In order to determine if you’re more sensitive to it, keep a sleep diary close to your bed, so you can track your sleep patterns. This will help you determine whether you are impacted by the energies.
Things to note and keep track of:
- The time you fall asleep
- The duration of your sleep
- The feelings you have in your dreams: uneasy, tired, relaxed…
- The nature of your dreams; scary, stressful, loved up… (this can be an excellent indicator)
How to sleep better during the Full Moon phase
As you probably know, if you want to beat insomnia, leading a healthy lifestyle is essential! Here are some steps to a restful night.
- On the food side, absolutely avoid sugars. Also, try to avoid gluten, which disturbs digestion.
- Place blackout curtains in all rooms to prevent the brightness from disturbing your sleep.
- Keep your room below 21 °C.
- Set a digital curfew. The blue light from the screens inhibits the production of melatonin.
- Only go to bed when you are sleepy.