Mercury Retrograde: The Dates And Effects To Anticipate In 2020You’ve no doubt already heard about Mercury retrograde and the effects this phenomenon has on us. Whenever bad luck curses us, our first reaction is to blame this planetary movement. From car problems to missed trains, we love to point the finger, but this destructive motion is actually scarily real! Discover our advice on how to get through the three Mercury retrograde phases of 2020 as well as the misfortunes each zodiac sign can expect during them.
Is Mercury in retrograde right now? - Yes, this cycle goes from June 18th - July 12, 2020 in Cancer
Planet Mercury symbolizes intellect, reason and communication, and has metaphorically spun out of control and left us to deal with the consequences. Although every planet of the solar system goes retrograde at some point, the effects of Mercury entering this motion often more intense. Discover what awaits your zodiac sign during this unlucky phase.
Unforeseen events and various dysfunctions are to be expected during Mercury retrograde June 2020. Whilst in this Cancer, Mercury retrograde will take us back to the past and make us focus on our childhoods and roots. We can expect old memories to be revived. We may also have more difficulty expressing ourselves and become more introverted. It's also likely our sensitivity will increase, especially with regards to our private life.
- Discover the Mercury retrograde effects on each zodiac sign. -
Because Cancer is related to the home, we may also have to urgently repair something indoors or fix a electronic dysfunction...
How your zodiac sign will be affected by this planetary motion:
- Aries: Your home could need some urgent renovations during this cycle. Discussions at home may even focus on the past and your ancestors.
- Taurus: Transport issues are about to make your life extremely difficult. Take all the precautions you can just in case unforeseen events pop up!
- Gemini: You'll have to deal with a tricky financial situation during the Mercury retrograde cycle. You could encounter a nasty surprise with an unexpected bills.
- Cancer: Your sensitivity will be increased tenfold to the point of making you completely intolerant. You'll find it hard to accept criticism, even if it's constructive!
- Leo: The retrograde motion will make you a little unstable internally. Things buried in your subconscious could come back to haunt you. Think about meditation, relaxation to calm yourself down.
- Virgo: This planetary event could lead to many misunderstandings. Be clear and check that your messages have been sent. On the other hand, if your feelings have been hurt, be sure to speak your mind!
- Libra: You'll struggle concentrating at work and on your various activities. Beware of careless mistakes. You might also start thinking about the possibility of a new position.
- Scorpio: This motion will inconvenience you in relation to travel. If you are set to catch a plane or train, your journey could either be delayed or cancelled...
- Sagittarius: You'll uncover messages from your unconscious during this period. Meditate and listen to them in order to understand your hidden desires and fears.
- Capricorn: Your relationship with your partner will become tense and even electric. Beware of misunderstandings at work too.
- Aquarius: You can expect setbacks at work and tension between you and your coworkers. Arguments at home might also get you down...
- Pisces: If you have kids, be prepared for them to enter a tough period full of drama. Your sensitivity will run high and this will lead to more frustrations on your part.
🪐 Find out more about Mercury and its influence🪐
Be patient until the phenomenon comes to an end and hang on in there! Everything will be okay in the end!
What is Mercury retrograde?
It's a change in the direction of the planet in the sky and is said to set off bad luck and drama. The retrograde movement is an optical illusion and begins when the planet commences its backwards motion in the night sky through the zodiac. This chaotic process includes the slowing down and eventual stagnation of the planet. It's this unnatural movement that creates so much drama.
For astrologers, these phases coincide with major psychological changes. Because Mercury moves backwards, the energy of the planet in question can no longer fully express itself, causing internal disturbances or slowdowns in many individuals.
Mercury retrograde effects: Why it terrifies astrology fans
This phenomenon lasts for approximately 24 days and occurs every 88 days. During these periods everything seems to be up in the air. Organizing important events such as a proposal, vacation or even interviewing for a new job aren’t advised when Mercury enters retrograde.
Big decisions should also be avoided during this time because our communication and judgement skills are negatively impacted. Planet Mercury is said to have an influence on travel, communication and contracts, which is why so many of us are affected. Running late as well as relationship problems are both thought to be effects of Mercury entering retrograde.
Here are 5 signs that reveal whether or not the motion has started:
If you answer yes to these, the phenomenon has most likely begun.
- You're less proactive
- You experience unexpected setbacks
- You isolate yourself
- You start doubting everything
- You feel lost
🔎 Interesting fact: 🔍
People born during retrograde phases often find communication more challenging than others and they also lack confidence in themselves. If you were born in this phase, you may frequently feel misunderstood.
When is Mercury in retrograde?
In 2020, it enters retrograde during the following date ranges:
- February 17 to March 10
- June 18 to July 12
- October 14 to November 3
The secret to successfully getting through this chaotic period is looking ahead and planning, that's why we've listed the retrograde dates in 2021 and 2022 too. If you are planning any big events such as a wedding in these years, you might want to choose your date very carefully..
Mercury retrograde dates for 2020 - 2022
Here are all the dates of the retrograde motion from 2020 to 2022. It's now up to you to fully prepare.
Mercury retrograde cycles 2020
|February 17 – March 10, 2020|
Starts in Pisces, ends in Aquarius
|June 17 – July 12, 2020 in Cancer and Gemini|
|October 13 – November 3, 2020|
Starts in Scorpio, ends in Libra
Mercury retrograde in 2021
|January 30 – February 20 in Aquarius|
|May 29 – June 22 in Gemini|
|September 27 – October 18 in Libra|
Mercury dates 2022
|January 14 – February 3 in Aquarius and ends in Pisces|
|May 10 – June 2 in Gemini|
|September 9 – October 2 in Libra|
|December 29 - January 18 in Capricorn|
First period of 2020 - 17th February - 10th March in Mercury retrograde in Pisces: Bad luck set in!
You no doubt experienced misunderstandings and setbacks, especially where your finances were concerned. Fortunately, the planet picked up its normal direct trajectory on March 10th in Aquarius. As of this date, everything became much simpler and faster.
Last period to come of 14th October - 3rd November: Retrograde of Mercury in Scorpio: Car problems!
Your life will spin out of control between these dates and bad luck will haunt you. Your car is likely to breakdown and transport issues will be plentiful. November 3rd will feel like heaven for you and will see you forget about all the stress of the past few weeks.
🌟 Discover your destiny with the help of a Psychic! 🌟
The most affected zodiac signs by Mercury retrograde in 2020
This crazy event will have a huge impact on the following zodiac signs; Scorpio, Aries, Gemini and Sagittarius. Below is how each of us will be impacted by the retrograde phase.
How Mercury in retrograde impacts each zodiac sign in 2020:
|Expect trouble at work.|
|Communication issues in your love life.|
|Investments in danger.|
|You'll become very emotional.|
|Trouble putting your points across.|
|Disputes with friends.|
|Chaos at home.|
|You'll lose your cool.|
|You'll feel lost and confused.|
Survival guide for this cycle: Our list of do's and don'ts
The best way to get through Mercury retrograde is to plan everything you do meticulously. Here's a guide of what to do to and what to avoid doing in order to emerge scot-free.
Mercury Retrograde Do's:
Mercury Retrograde Don'ts:
|Plan ahead||Be negative|
|Be flexible||Bottle things up|
|Double check||Signing contracts|
|Be attentive||Jump into things head first|
|Anticipate||Have unrealistic demands|
- Now that you've read up on this complicated period, check out more of our great content: -