Pluto retrograde 2023 - May 1 - October 11: What happens during this phase?
Every year, Pluto retrograde lasts for approximately 230 days. Here, each of us will certainly alternate between distinct states of mind, remaining on the reserve during a good part of this period. When Pluto enters retrograde, we will no longer be afraid to express our opinions, even if it means ruffling a few feathers.
During this phase when Pluto retrogrades in Aquarius and then in Capricorn, we are encouraged to remember old facts and make good use of our past to clearly see our future. Due to strong planetary influences, frustrations and stress can emerge, bringing out the negative elements we store inside. In spite of this, it becomes easier to reveal ourselves and to get to know ourselves.
- What not to do during this Pluto retrograde: Avoid major transformations close to the start or end date of the demotion.
- What you should do: Use introspection to get a better grasp of your deepest instincts. The best thing to do is, note your dreams, feelings and contradictions in order to become aware of them little by little. Clearer judgement and ideas will come afterward when Pluto becomes direct again.
Pluto retrograde in Aquarius from May 1st to June 11th, 2023, deep reflection
Here, Pluto in Aquarius suggests a deep reflection on what we need to change internally, our relationship with the environment, the need to modify our relationships with others to be in harmony with our surroundings despite our personal goals. Are we capable of accepting to free ourselves from everything we depend on? (The power of a leader, a bank, a suffocating parent or partner.) 🤔
In current events, Pluto retrograde in Aquarius can strengthen a radical change in society 💣. Aquarius being the sign of brotherhood and solidarity, we will therefore review our way of seeing things concerning others, we can change our beliefs, open up our minds more, free ourselves from certain convictions related to society, our relationship with others, forged a long time ago (perhaps through our education, a negative experience, etc.) and change them.
- Aquarius, Leo, Scorpio, and Taurus: Pluto can cause a crisis, an uncomfortable situation, bring tensions... The best thing to do during this transit is to follow your intuition and listen to your inner voice, aware that you are going through a stage of evolution and gradually finding answers to the essential questions that prevented you from being fully yourself.
- For Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aries, Pluto retrograde in Aquarius can help them find ways to overcome their fears and find answers to their questions. During this period, they will feel more supported, boosted, and more enthusiastic about restarting differently, being more confident.
- For the other signs, Pluto retrograde in Aquarius will have a less noticeable effect.
Pluto retrograde in Capricorn from June 12th to October 10th, learn from the past
From a global perspective, Pluto retrograde in Capricorn asks us to reflect on our past actions to better understand what has happened to us and why we are currently in crisis (financial crisis, Covid, Ukrainian conflict, energy crisis...) in order not to make the same mistakes and be ready to react differently when Pluto resumes its direct course on October 11th. Let us listen to Pluto's lessons.
During this period, we can be more easily worried and sometimes in a moody state. We adapt less to others and do not hesitate to show our judgements fully. Pluto retrograde in Capricorn invites us to focus on the points, the elements that frustrate us and to reflect on past actions that have led to dissatisfaction. We can thus avoid making the same mistakes and evolve differently when Pluto becomes direct again.
- Capricorn, Cancer, Aries, and Libra: Pluto can cause a crisis, an uncomfortable situation, bring tensions... The best thing to do during this transit is to follow your intuition and listen to your inner voice, aware that you are going through (or going through again!) a new stage of evolution and gradually finding answers to the essential questions that prevented you from being fully yourself.
- For Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, and Pisces, Pluto retrograde in Capricorn can help them find ways to overcome their fears and find answers to their questions. During this period, they will feel more supported, boosted, and more enthusiastic about restarting differently, being more confident.
- For the other signs, Pluto retrograde in Capricorn will have a less noticeable effect.
- Learn more about retrograde and its effects -
Astrologist Susan Taylor's insights:
This phase invites questions about power and its use. It refers to this need for control and a pronounced ambition. Planet of depth and rebirth, Pluto is particularly linked to crises. When Pluto retrogresses, the ability to change can go through a complete reshuffle, and could encourage you to seek a change of reorientation. Although, these sudden transformations could be misunderstood by your loved ones.
For more information on how this period impacts you:
The effects you can expect to feel during this phase
Throughout the retrograde movement, the process of inner transformation will be slower. This could lead to discomfort and anxiety. In order to calm our destructive impulses, why not try activities such as yoga, and relaxation techniques? The key is not to panic, because when Pluto becomes direct again, the unconscious elements will emerge and will be from deep within ourselves.
During this period, you are more quickly worried and sometimes in a sullen mood. It must be said that you adapt less to others, and that you do not hesitate in the face of judgements. This notion invites you to focus on the points, the elements that will make you frustrated, and reflect on past actions that led you to dissatisfaction. You will be able to avoid making the same mistakes and evolve differently when the planet becomes direct again.
With Pluto retrograde in Capricorn, we are quicker to worry and in a darker mood. We are more judgmental, less tolerant, and less adaptable. Pluto retrograde in Capricorn invites us to focus on the points, the elements that frustrate us, and to reflect on past actions that led us to dissatisfaction. This will help to avoid making the same mistakes again.
In short, this is the time to gather clues about our unconscious fears, our silent desires, our denials and our possible blockages linked to the past. We then need to analyze them in a lucid way and learn how to better manage them for when Pluto returns direct. Then, life changes will take place because we will no longer see things the same way.
How will your zodiac sign be impacted?
Scroll through to your zodiac sign and find out how you will experience this period - Discover the effects of Mercury retrograde.