When is Pluto retrograde in 2024? 🗓️
- From May 2 to September 2, Pluto is retrograde in Aquarius - Pluto invites us to reflect on our desires, our choices, to further define what we want to strive for. Our need for progress is somewhat restrained as we need to analyze our motivation. In our behavior, we may hold back a need for power and authority, allowing time for what we want to impose to mature within us and not rush or confuse those around us.
- From September 3 to October 11, Pluto is retrograde in Capricorn - Pluto retrograde in Capricorn encourages us to cultivate secrecy. It's time to meditate, to isolate ourselves more than usual, to analyze our ambitions deeply and with lucidity. This is to establish a meticulous strategy when Pluto resumes its direct course.
What does Pluto in retrograde mean?
Every year, Pluto retrograde lasts for approximately 230 days. Here, each of us will certainly alternate between distinct states of mind, remaining on the reserve during a good part of this period. When Pluto enters retrograde, we will no longer be afraid to express our opinions, even if it means ruffling a few feathers.
During this phase when Pluto retrogrades in Aquarius and then in Capricorn, we are encouraged to remember old facts and make good use of our past to clearly see our future. Due to strong planetary influences, frustrations and stress can emerge, bringing out the negative elements we store inside. In spite of this, it becomes easier to reveal ourselves and to get to know ourselves.
- ❌ What not to do during this Pluto retrograde: Avoid major transformations close to the start or end date of the demotion.
- ✔️ What you should do: Use introspection to get a better grasp of your deepest instincts. The best thing to do is, note your dreams, feelings and contradictions in order to become aware of them little by little. Clearer judgement and ideas will come afterward when Pluto becomes direct again.
Who will be affected by Pluto retrograde?
From a global perspective, Pluto retrograde in Aquarius and Capricorn asks us to reflect on our past actions to better understand what has happened to us and why we are currently in crisis (financial crisis, Covid, Ukrainian conflict, energy crisis...) 😮. Let us listen to Pluto's lessons.
During this period, we can be more easily worried and sometimes in a moody state. We adapt less to others and do not hesitate to show our judgements fully. Pluto retrograde invites us to focus on the points, the elements that frustrate us and to reflect on past actions that have led to dissatisfaction. We can thus avoid making the same mistakes and evolve differently when Pluto becomes direct again.
- Capricorn, Cancer, Aries, and Libra: Pluto can cause a crisis, an uncomfortable situation, bring tensions... The best thing to do during this transit is to follow your intuition and listen to your inner voice, aware that you are going through (or going through again!) a new stage of evolution and gradually finding answers to the essential questions that prevented you from being fully yourself.
- For Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, and Pisces, Pluto retrograde in Capricorn can help them find ways to overcome their fears and find answers to their questions. During this period, they will feel more supported, boosted, and more enthusiastic about restarting differently, being more confident.
- For the other signs, Pluto retrograde in Capricorn will have a less noticeable effect.
- Learn more about retrograde and its effects -
Astrologist Susan Taylor's insights:
This phase invites questions about power and its use. It refers to this need for control and a pronounced ambition. Planet of depth and rebirth, Pluto is particularly linked to crises. When Pluto retrogresses, the ability to change can go through a complete reshuffle, and could encourage you to seek a change of reorientation. Although, these sudden transformations could be misunderstood by your loved ones.
For more information on how this period impacts you:
📞 Call now ✉ Start chatting
The effects you can expect to feel during this phase
Throughout the retrograde movement, the process of inner transformation will be slower. This could lead to discomfort and anxiety. In order to calm our destructive impulses, why not try activities such as yoga, and relaxation techniques? The key is not to panic, because when Pluto becomes direct again, the unconscious elements will emerge and will be from deep within ourselves.
During this period, you are more quickly worried and sometimes in a sullen mood. It must be said that you adapt less to others, and that you do not hesitate in the face of judgements. This notion invites you to focus on the points, the elements that will make you frustrated, and reflect on past actions that led you to dissatisfaction. You will be able to avoid making the same mistakes and evolve differently when the planet becomes direct again.
With Pluto retrograde in Capricorn, we are quicker to worry and in a darker mood. We are more judgmental, less tolerant, and less adaptable. Pluto retrograde in Capricorn invites us to focus on the points, the elements that frustrate us, and to reflect on past actions that led us to dissatisfaction. This will help to avoid making the same mistakes again.
In short, this is the time to gather clues about our unconscious fears, our silent desires, our denials and our possible blockages linked to the past. We then need to analyze them in a lucid way and learn how to better manage them for when Pluto returns direct. Then, life changes will take place because we will no longer see things the same way.
How will your zodiac sign be impacted?
Scroll through to your zodiac sign and find out how you will experience this period - Discover the effects of Mercury retrograde.