Mars and Its Importance to AstrologyThe planet Mars is an important figure in the world of Astrology- and that’s clear to see in the crucial role it plays in birth charts. Want to learn more about the ‘Red Planet’? Susan Taylor, our very own astrologer, unveils some of Mars’ biggest secrets! Find out everything you need to know about planet Mars!
Mars in Astrology: The Red Planet
Mars might be ten times smaller than the Earth but it’s in fact ten times bigger than the Moon. It’s around 230 million kilometers from the Sun, making it the fourth furthest planet. Like the Earth, Mars’ rotation period is 24 hours, meaning it alternates from day to night in a similar way to our planet. Iron oxide is extremely prevalent in the soil on Mars, which explains the red coloring that the planet is renowned for.
Mars in Mythology: The Mighty Warrior
Depicted as a warrior with a helmet and shield, Mars is the son of Jupiter and Juno in Roman mythology, and known as Ares, the son of Zeus and Hera in Greek. He’s shown to be the god of War, whose main aim is to defend his people from invasion. Mars is a fierce warrior, and will fight for eternity if it means defending his pride.
It’s said that Mars is closely related to the legend of Rome due to the fact that he’s the father of Romulus and Remus who founded Rome according to mythology. In addition to the twin boys, Mars also had two other sons Deimos and Phobos (Terror and Fear) and a daughter, Hermione (Harmony), with his lover Venus.
Mars in Astrology: Time for Action!
According to natal charts, Mars is the planet of action and embodies impulsivity. It’s the soldier that marches and the passion that burns. When positive, it is efficiency and success, but when negative, it is war!
The key to understanding Mars is analyzing its position in relation to both your sign and the other planets. In a feminine theme, Mars can represent the more sexual, intimate side to love, whereas its native masculinity evokes images of power and independence.
Learn about the effects of Mars retrograde on your zodiac sign!
Mars’ Effect on Astrology
- The positive effects of Mars include spontaneity, dynamism, honesty, entrepreneurial spirit, courage, and energy
- The negative effects of Mercury include violence, impatience, fickleness, anger, childishness, and destruction
- On a symbolic level, Mars represents action, experimentation, sexual impulses, initiative, passion, and military
🌟 Discover your destiny with the help of a Psychic! 🌟
Six Things to Know About Mars
- Orbital period (the time it takes for Mars to revolve around the Sun): 687 days
- Element linked with Mars: Iron
- Body part linked with Mars: Muscles, spleen
- Bodily functions linked with Mars: Energy, sexuality, hormone system, hemoglobin
- Metal linked with Mars: Iron
- Day linked with Mars: Tuesday
So, there you have it, you’re now an expert on Mars! That said, there’s still so much to learn about our solar system, especially when it comes to knowing which planet rules over your zodiac sign, so open your mind and watch the night sky become alive before your very eyes!