What is the New Moon, and what does it actually do?
From an astronomical point of view, the New Moon occurs when the Moon finds itself in between the Earth and the Sun, meaning it's impossible to observe in the sky because the illuminated side shines away from us. During this stage, the Sun, and the Moon are next to each other, on the same degree of the zodiac, forming a Sun conjunct Moon composition.
This monthly cycle has huge impacts that we must pay attention to, especially with regard to our moods and bodies. Indeed, it symbolizes a second chance and blesses you with a clean slate. That's why it's the perfect time to meditate, plan and organize your next steps towards success. In short, its purifying energy helps you in your reflection and analysis.
Despite this dimly lit phase, we know that the sky hasn't been abandoned and that the Moon will appear again. The absence of light during this phase can be destabilizing, although, if you embrace the darkness, you'll soon understand that it can be a doorway to any possibility and the energy contained in your intentions will soon manifest.
Indeed, the New Moon marks the point at which we turn over a new leaf and is the ideal time to start new things or initiate new projects. During this period, we are encouraged to sow our seeds, so, if you’re planning for a baby, it's worth knowing that the New Moon is the ideal period for conceiving a child.
👉 Follow the Moon calendar here for more insight into each cycle and read your 2023 horoscope.
When is the next New Moon? - It's on June 18, 2023
Below are the dates of the cycles in 2023:
|Month - 2023:||Date:||Time EST:||In which sign?|
June 18, 2023, New Moon in Gemini
The New Moon in Gemini is linked to communication, movement, business, and change. It encourages you to be open, and curious, to express yourself, to learn, to pass on, to use your sense of humor, to go out, and to meet people... With the New Moon in Gemini, we're more enthusiastic and sociable, and we feel a strong need to undertake many things at once, at the risk of spreading ourselves too thin.
On June 18, the New Moon in Gemini is square to Neptune in Pisces. This may indicate that we'll be quite overwhelmed by emotions under this New Moon, but thanks to the energy of Gemini, we'll have enough reflection to be able to analyze these emotions and perhaps better define our motivations. Of course, we'll have to remain lucid and vigilant, avoiding material and sentimental scams, etc... Chasing after smooth talkers.
Fortunately, to help us, from June 19, a sympathetic Transit will carry us. The exact aspect is June 19, 2023, but it's already having an effect a few days before and a few days after the 19th. At the time of the New Moon, this positive Transit is the Sextile between Jupiter in Taurus and Saturn in Pisces. It consolidates our sense of responsibility and seriousness. It helps us to inspire confidence, to make progress in our various endeavors, and to reap many rewards. Under this influence, we have all the qualities we need to fulfill our ambitions. Under this New Moon, everything linked to ideals and collective initiatives can evolve favorably, provided we choose carefully with whom we want to work. Let's not choose the wrong boat!
Everyone is concerned by the "New Moon" but the signs most affected here are Gemini, Sagittarius, Libra, Aquarius, Leo, Aries, Taurus, and Pisces.
- On Sunday, June 18, 2023, the New Moon phase begins at 10:14 PM EST at 26° from Gemini.-
Which zodiac signs will benefit most from this phase? Here's your mini horoscope
- Aries: You can count on this dynamic impetus to break through all barriers, thanks to your interpersonal skills and your flair for good deals.
- Taurus: The New Moon can unblock a situation. Don't let yourself be taken for a ride!
- Gemini: When faced with a minor disappointment or discouragement, you can bounce back or come up with a plan B. Shake it off!
- Cancer: Even if you're not sure where you're going at the moment, you're going, and you're not stagnating. It's through trial and error that you'll find the right path.
- Leo: You can't stand still, you're reaching out to others, and if you don't, you'll be inundated with requests. Your interpersonal life is stimulating, so accept teamwork.
- Virgo: The New Moon encourages you to clarify a professional situation, to better situate yourself in a partnership, and to think calmly about signatures or contracts.
- Libra: You can do anything thanks to your interpersonal skills, your network of friends, your sense of repartee, and your diplomacy. Your finances could also improve.
- Scorpio: Your hard work is not in vain. Your wallet could see the fruits of your labor; this New Moon is promising.
- Sagittarius: Energy, sagacity, good reflexes, and relationships: these are your assets on this New Moon. Make the most of it!
- Capricorn: Your self-confidence and abilities are boosted, especially in your activities. You could find great success at work if you focus on it...
- Aquarius: The New Moon stimulates your desires. Certain desires become a necessity. This is the moment to use your passion to act and evolve in the direction you desire.
- Pisces: Within your family, this is the time to provoke a discussion that can move a joint project forward, to work hand in hand with your child to move it forward... On your own, seize the opportunities!
How can the New Moon help you? — It give us the courage to make the most of your new beginning
It's a time of darkness and pause, yet it's full of possibilities, for us to write a beautiful next chapter to our lives. It embodies the essence of a new beginning, or searching, pausing, preparing, and planning processes that set our plans in motion. Furthermore, it can also be seen as a time when the beautiful feminine qualities of reflection and presence take precedence over the masculine principles of action and dynamism. That's right, the New Moon encourages us to think and prepare before taking action.
If you have a professional or romantic project, delve into it during this phase, and then, 15 days later, the Full Moon will illuminate the sky, and it may bring you success and some good news!
🌕 For more information, read about the Moon and its importance and the Gibbous Moon. 🌕
📝 Key insight:
The symbolic side of this cycle resonates in the water element and represents emotions, intuition, attraction, creativity, and femininity. This phase has a very important impact on everything to do with relationships because it increases our emotional sensitivity.
What effects does the New Moon have on us?
You can enjoy the benefits of this event in many aspects of your life. From hair care, your diet, gardening to sex, make the most of this time to make changes in your life. Here are 4 cases of the magical effects this phenomenon has on us!
1) It accelerates hair regrowth 👱♀️
If you want your hair to grow back faster, cut your hair when the Moon is in its rising phase, that is, between the New Moon and Full Moon. The same rule also applies to hair removal, including waxing and shaving.
2) It makes weight loss easier 🏃
The body deep-cleans itself during this period and you'll soon see that you lose weight without requiring too much effort. Start a 3-day diet once this phase begins.
3) It makes plants more resistant 🌱
Vegetables are the most resistant when the Moon is in an ascending phase. This is the time to sow any seeds, plant, harvest, or do any grafting.
4) It increases your sex drive 🍆
If your relationship is on the brink of ending, this period is the ideal time to initiate any new projects or surprise your partner. In short, this is the time to breathe a second wind or attempt a second try.
— Fill out your abundance check for prosperity and make a New Moon wish —
How does it impact our sleep patterns?
Exerts believe that this phenomenon has a strong gravitational pull on the elements, including the human body. Researchers believe that sleeping troubles intensify at this point. As for the most sensitive zodiac signs, they are often impacted more than others and will struggle to get the full 8 hours of required sleep because they are more lunar-sensitive.
Susan Taylor’s insights: Make the most of this event
The New Moon is an important time for all of us. Everything you do, everything you sow around this time will have repercussions, and you will reap the fruits, both good and not so good, at the time of the next Full Moon. This is the time to act, to set up new habits. If you have any questions about your future, if you feel lost, don't hesitate to contact one of our psychics. They will illuminate your future with gentleness and kindness to make the best of this New Moon.
- The future is mine -
Check out these articles:
* Literature Source: The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need, Author; Joanna Martine Woolfolk, Published in 2012 and available here: Amazon - The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
Thank yiu - this was infirmstive & appreciated. ( my other calendars say the 28 th - today- is the new moon. It is also held as a sacrad tradution in the Buddhust world my friends tell me.Tho they also sat, the new moon is tiday, not timirriw