What is the New Moon, and what does it actually do?
From an astronomical point of view, the New Moon occurs when the Moon finds itself in between the Earth and the Sun, meaning it's impossible to observe in the sky because the illuminated side shines away from us. During this stage, the Sun, and the Moon are next to each other, on the same degree of the zodiac, forming a Sun conjunct Moon composition.
This monthly cycle has huge impacts that we must pay attention to, especially with regard to our moods and bodies. Indeed, it symbolizes a second chance and blesses you with a clean slate. That's why it's the perfect time to meditate, plan and organize your next steps towards success. In short, its purifying energy helps you in your reflection and analysis.
Despite this dimly lit phase, we know that the sky hasn't been abandoned and that the Moon will appear again. The absence of light during this phase can be destabilizing, although, if you embrace the darkness, you'll soon understand that it can be a doorway to any possibility and the energy contained in your intentions will soon manifest.
Indeed, the New Moon marks the point at which we turn over a new leaf and is the ideal time to start new things or initiate new projects. During this period, we are encouraged to sow our seeds, so, if you’re planning for a baby, it's worth knowing that the New Moon is the ideal period for conceiving a child.
When is the next New Moon? - It's on September 25, 2022
Below are the dates of the cycles in 2022:
|Month - 2022:||Date:|
|In which sign?:|
September 25, 2022, New Moon in Libra
Libra is linked to relationships and partnerships. It is a sign of sociability, and balance, therefore, the New Moon in Libra pushes us to seek pleasure and tranquility, plus, it urges us to surround ourselves with benevolent people. Under the New Moon in Libra, we are willing to make concessions to ensure harmony around us. When this New Moon occurs, autumn has just begun, with the autumnal equinox on September 22/23. This new beginning that the New Moon offers us here is linked to the new season, therefore it will be an important lunar event for the whole three months of fall.
- On Sunday, September 25, 2022, the New Moon phase begins at 8:14 PM EST at 02° from Libra.-
The most important planetary configuration during the New Moon in Libra cycle;
- On September 25, the New Moon in Libra is opposite Jupiter in Aries. It is also Conjunct Venus and Mercury (located at the end of Virgo), themselves Opposite Neptune in Pisces. Here Jupiter accentuates the effects of the New Moon. Venus and Mercury retrograde in Virgo encourage us to analyze our relationships in depth, to dissect our feelings in order to remain clear in our relationships. Here, it’s important not to be fooled by Neptune, the star of doubt, illusion, and confusion.
- The New Moon advises us to start this three-month cycle on a good relational basis, but above all with the simplest and clearest exchanges possible. It encourages us to move toward relationships without equivocation or hypocrisy, to chase away dubious characters with nebulous intentions from our surroundings, and to avoid troubling situations...
- This New Moon also encourages us to unmask other intentions in a speech that seems to want to lull us. In other words, it advises us to analyze, beyond words, the motivations of our interlocutors.
Which zodiac signs will benefit most from this phase? Here's your mini horoscope
- Aries: Go for it if you're afraid to express your feelings, even if the feedback isn't as spontaneous as you'd hoped. You'll have a better understanding of who you're talking to.
- Taurus: Some people at work have a tendency to sugarcoat things to get them across. Keep it real!
- Gemini: Keep your relationships simple, don't get into overdrive with people who are trying too hard, it won't get you anywhere...
- Cancer: When it comes to your family, avoid false pretenses and encourage everyone to express themselves sincerely about their expectations, their feelings...
- Leo: In relation to business, a contract, an arrangement, or negotiations, stay open to negotiations but don't be too gullible if you are complimented too much.
- Virgo: The New Moon in your sign allows you to invest yourself in your relationship or in a new encounter with passion, but also with a lot of lucidity. Discuss your common projects with an open heart!
- Libra: This is the time to speak up and express your love for each other, or to demand an explanation if you've been feeling abused lately
- Scorpio: You may feel like settling scores with a friend and walking away. At work or in your free time, a change of team is possible...
- Sagittarius: Your friendships are favored, as long as you remain sincere with each other and don't fall into the trap of false friends who lie a little to avoid displeasure.
- Capricorn: Even if you are not unanimous at work, don't be afraid to defend your points of view: you have allies who support you, and it could pay off to distinguish yourself...
- Aquarius: This is a good time to start a training course, an internship, to continue a course of study, to learn a new language, to start an artistic activity.
- Pisces: A love relationship with a lot of physical attraction can start. However, you should keep a critical eye. In a relationship, avoid putting everything in the common pot for the time being.
How can the New Moon help you? — It give us the courage to make the most of your new beginning
It's a time of darkness and pause, yet it's full of possibilities, for us to write a beautiful next chapter to our lives. It embodies the essence of a new beginning, or searching, pausing, preparing, and planning processes that set our plans in motion. Furthermore, it can also be seen as a time when the beautiful feminine qualities of reflection and presence take precedence over the masculine principles of action and dynamism. That's right, the New Moon encourages us to think and prepare before taking action.
If you have a professional or romantic project, delve into it during this phase, and then, 15 days later, the Full Moon will illuminate the sky, and it may bring you success and some good news!
📝 Key insight:
The symbolic side of this cycle resonates in the water element and represents emotions, intuition, attraction, creativity, and femininity. This phase has a very important impact on everything to do with relationships because it increases our emotional sensitivity.
🌟 Discover your destiny with the help of a Psychic! All readings are 100% risk-free, confidential and anonymous.🌟
What effects does the New Moon have on us?
You can enjoy the benefits of this event in many aspects of your life. From hair care, your diet, gardening to sex, make the most of this time to make changes in your life. Here are 4 cases of the magical effects this phenomenon has on us!
1) It accelerates hair regrowth 👱♀️
If you want your hair to grow back faster, cut your hair when the Moon is in its rising phase, that is, between the New Moon and Full Moon. The same rule also applies to hair removal, including waxing and shaving.
2) It makes weight loss easier 🏃
The body deep-cleans itself during this period and you'll soon see that you lose weight without requiring too much effort. Start a 3-day diet once this phase begins.
3) It makes plants more resistant 🌱
Vegetables are the most resistant when the Moon is in an ascending phase. This is the time to sow any seeds, plant, harvest, or do any grafting.
4) It increases your sex drive 🍆
If your relationship is on the brink of ending, this period is the ideal time to initiate any new projects or surprise your partner. In short, this is the time to breathe a second wind or attempt a second try.
How does it impact our sleep patterns?
Exerts believe that this phenomenon has a strong gravitational pull on the elements, including the human body. Researchers believe that sleeping troubles intensify at this point. As for the most sensitive zodiac signs, they are often impacted more than others and will struggle to get the full 8 hours of required sleep because they are more lunar-sensitive.
Check out these articles:
* Literature Source: The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need, Author; Joanna Martine Woolfolk, Published in 2012 and available here: Amazon - The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need