The Dates, Effects, And Powerful Symbolism Of The New MoonEven though it’s invisible in the sky, a New Moon marks the beginning of a new lunar cycle, and symbolically represents a fresh start for each of us. Its energies urge us to double our efforts and to prepare for the rewards to come. Now, with this in mind, we bet you're wondering what happens during this phase, and what influence the New Moon exerts on our bodies and minds. Susan Taylor answers all of your questions and reveals how can we make the most out of this prosperous instance. Discover all the dates of this important phase, and anticipate this catalyst motion.
What is the New Moon, and what does it actually do?
From an astronomical point of view, the New Moon occurs when the Moon finds itself in between the Earth and the Sun, meaning it's impossible to observe in the sky because the illuminated side shines away from us. During this stage, the Sun, and the Moon are next to each other, on the same degree of the zodiac, forming a Sun conjunct Moon composition.
This monthly cycle has huge impacts that we must pay attention to, especially with regard to our moods and bodies. Indeed, it symbolizes a second chance and blesses you with a clean slate. That's why it's the perfect time to meditate, plan and organize your next steps towards success. In short, its purifying energy helps you in your reflection and analysis.
Despite this dimly lit phase, we know that the sky hasn't been abandoned and that the Moon will appear again. The absence of light during this phase can be destabilizing, although, if you embrace the darkness, you'll soon understand that it can be a doorway to any possibility and the energy contained in your intentions will soon manifest.
Indeed, the New Moon marks the point at which we turn over a new leaf and is the ideal time to start new things or initiate new projects. During this period, we are encouraged to sow our seeds, so, if you’re planning for a baby, it's worth knowing that the New Moon is the ideal period for conceiving a child.
When is the next New Moon? - It's on June 29, 2022
Below are the dates of the cycles in 2022:
Month - 2022:
In which sign?:
June 29, 2022, New Moon in Cancer
Now, this New Moon occurs at the dawn of summer, meaning we are therefore beginning the cycle of the second half of the year. This stage is the perfect time for us to focus on ourselves and gather our energies. The New Moon in Cancer is linked to intuition, femininity, sensitivity, and intimacy. This lunar event invites us to look into our history, our past, our inner world, and our private life to better take care of what is close to us! It is the moment to free up time, to reconnect with our loved ones, and for us to take care of ourselves. Under this New Moon, we seek protection, softness, and tenderness rather than wild outings.
- On Wednesday, June 29, 2022, the New Moon phase begins at 10:14 PM EST at 07° from Cancer.-
The most important planetary configuration during the New Moon in Cancer cycle;
- On June 29, the New Moon in Cancer square to Jupiter (itself well-connected to Venus) makes you want to do yourself good, even if it means thinking only about pleasure. This New Moon cycle allows us to start on a healthy basis. Once we are well-balanced internally, we will be able to face the Mars-Pluto square of July 1 with serenity, here we will be greeted with conflicts and tension, but will need to refrain from stirring up the electric atmosphere. By remaining cool, we will discover our own truth and be able to focus on our intense desires. We will then be able to feel more confident and stronger in all circumstances or in the face of destabilizing news...
Which zodiac signs will benefit most from this phase? Here's your mini horoscope
- Aries: This is a time to think about yourself a little. Family obligations sometimes make you lose your bearings. Take a break, and think about the changes you need to make...
- Taurus: Stop running around in your various activities. Take a deep breath, smell the scent of summer, and enjoy some suspended time!
- Gemini: Be aware of what you have, of your achievements, of what you possess, of your wealth, not necessarily material... and enjoy it without focusing on the lacks!
- Cancer: Take care of yourself, nourish yourself with good moments and good things. Then listen to your intuition to defend yourself in case of external attacks.
- Leo: Get to know yourself, enjoy your interior, your home, and write down, if need be, the changes you want to make privately during this new 6-month cycle...
- Virgo: This is the time to contact your close friends to tell them how much you care about them and how important it is to help each other. Share moments, but let them organize this time!
- Libra: Your intuition and your imagination serve you well in your activities at work. Take advantage of this to set up creative projects that bring you pleasure above all!
- Scorpio: Don't hesitate to get away from it all. There's no need to go far away: to the countryside if you live in the city, a new outing if you live in the country... Nourish yourself with new atmospheres. Listen to what this produces in you!
- Sagittarius: Take care of yourself, be very gentle with yourself, you need to repair some things, maybe a wound of self-love? This is the time!
- Capricorn: Try to devote some time to your relationship, without making any necessary plans.
- Aquarius: You really need to refocus on yourself. Perhaps you have been spreading yourself too thin lately with various knowledge. Meditate, listen to your inner voice!
- Pisces: Do you feel like having a child? Why not, if your situation allows it. If not, through hobbies you are having a blast. Pleasure, in all its forms, is king!
How can the New Moon help you? — It give us the courage to make the most of your new beginning
It's a time of darkness and pause, yet it's full of possibilities, for us to write a beautiful next chapter to our lives. It embodies the essence of a new beginning, or searching, pausing, preparing, and planning processes that set our plans in motion. Furthermore, it can also be seen as a time when the beautiful feminine qualities of reflection and presence take precedence over the masculine principles of action and dynamism. That's right, the New Moon encourages us to think and prepare before taking action.
If you have a professional or romantic project, delve into it during this phase, and then, 15 days later, the Full Moon will illuminate the sky, and it may bring you success and some good news!
📝 Key insight:
The symbolic side of this cycle resonates in the water element and represents emotions, intuition, attraction, creativity, and femininity. This phase has a very important impact on everything to do with relationships because it increases our emotional sensitivity.
🌟 Discover your destiny with the help of a Psychic! All readings are 100% risk-free, confidential and anonymous.🌟
What effects does the New Moon have on us?
You can enjoy the benefits of this event in many aspects of your life. From hair care, your diet, gardening to sex, make the most of this time to make changes in your life. Here are 4 cases of the magical effects this phenomenon has on us!
1) It accelerates hair regrowth 👱♀️
If you want your hair to grow back faster, cut your hair when the Moon is in its rising phase, that is, between the New Moon and Full Moon. The same rule also applies to hair removal, including waxing and shaving.
2) It makes weight loss easier 🏃
The body deep-cleans itself during this period and you'll soon see that you lose weight without requiring too much effort. Start a 3-day diet once this phase begins.
3) It makes plants more resistant 🌱
Vegetables are the most resistant when the Moon is in an ascending phase. This is the time to sow any seeds, plant, harvest, or do any grafting.
4) It increases your sex drive 🍆
If your relationship is on the brink of ending, this period is the ideal time to initiate any new projects or surprise your partner. In short, this is the time to breathe a second wind or attempt a second try.
How does it impact our sleep patterns?
Exerts believe that this phenomenon has a strong gravitational pull on the elements, including the human body. Researchers believe that sleeping troubles intensify at this point. As for the most sensitive zodiac signs, they are often impacted more than others and will struggle to get the full 8 hours of required sleep because they are more lunar-sensitive.
Check out these articles:
* Literature Source: The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need, Author; Joanna Martine Woolfolk, Published in 2012 and available here: Amazon - The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need