What is the New Moon, and what does it actually do?
From an astronomical point of view, the New Moon occurs when the Moon finds itself in between the Earth and the Sun, meaning it's impossible to observe in the sky because the illuminated side shines away from us. During this stage, the Sun, and the Moon are next to each other, on the same degree of the zodiac, forming a Sun conjunct Moon composition.
This monthly cycle has huge impacts that we must pay attention to, especially with regard to our moods and bodies. Indeed, it symbolizes a second chance and blesses you with a clean slate. That's why it's the perfect time to meditate, plan and organize your next steps towards success. In short, its purifying energy helps you in your reflection and analysis.
Despite this dimly lit phase, we know that the sky hasn't been abandoned and that the Moon will appear again. The absence of light during this phase can be destabilizing, although, if you embrace the darkness, you'll soon understand that it can be a doorway to any possibility and the energy contained in your intentions will soon manifest.
Indeed, the New Moon marks the point at which we turn over a new leaf and is the ideal time to start new things or initiate new projects. During this period, we are encouraged to sow our seeds, so, if you’re planning for a baby, it's worth knowing that the New Moon is the ideal period for conceiving a child.
When is the next New Moon? - It's on January 21, 2023
Below are the dates of the cycles in 2023:
|Month - 2023:||Date:||Time EST:||In which sign?|
January 21, 2023, New Moon in Aquarius
In the sign of Aquarius, the New Moon encourages us to open up spiritually, broaden our horizons, and consider the others around us. It draws our attention to our relationships in a broad sense: our social network and our circle of friends. Under a New Moon in Aquarius, we are often more sociable, more adaptable, and more malleable. Our inventive spirit, and our original ideas, are also put forward.
On January 21, the New Moon in Aquarius is Conjunct to Pluto, located at the very end of the sign of Capricorn. It is also well-connected to Jupiter in Aries and Mars in Gemini. This gives a dynamic impetus to our initiatives. Our power, our charisma, our excellent intuition, our inspiration, our sense of opportunity, and our determination are all assets to successfully put our ideas into practice!
This New Moon also pushes us to find in our circle of friends, our network, and our acquaintances, support, help to move forward more quickly, to ensure victory. It can also encourage us to act to help others, it is a New Moon of solidarity. Let's note that a few days before this New Moon of the 23rd, Mercury, which has been retrograde since December 29, 2022- resumed its Direct course on January 18, 2023, in Capricorn! We are now more sure of what we are planning. Delays, various setbacks, errors in our accounts, in our bills or procedures, but also the intellectual fatigue that this can cause: all this is a bad memory. It's time to concentrate and get on with our projects.
- On Saturday, January 21, 2023, the New Moon phase begins at 1:33 PM EST at 01° from Aquarius.-
Which zodiac signs will benefit most from this phase? Here's your mini horoscope
- Aries: Supporters and backers come to you, this can help you in your practical or financial life. Accept teamwork!
- Taurus: There is no question of wasting time. Launch an initiative, strike while the iron is hot, and the New Moon stimulates your professional path.
- Gemini: This is the time to organize a trip that is close to your heart, even if you have to take it in a few months. Don't hesitate to accept training courses, internships, etc.
- Cancer: The New Moon can provide you with financial solutions if you are having difficulties. New means, and new tools, are at your disposal. Know how to recognize them!
- Leo: This is the time to give a new impetus to your relationship or to launch a joint project. A professional contract, and a new collaboration, can boost your activities.
- Virgo: The wind is blowing at your back, your dynamism is back to the power of ten, and your daily life is taking on beautiful colors, go for it!
- Libra: Your love affairs are evolving favorably, and your leisure activities are on the rise. Have a blast: for you, spring is already on its way.
- Scorpio: Your family activities are bound to blossom. Share projects, which will bring you closer to a loved one. Feel like doing some work on your home? It's time to start them.
- Sagittarius: A small move can be a source of joy. This is the time to hustle if you want to get a contract, succeed in your studies, etc... You can get off to a good start!
- Capricorn: Your current initiatives no longer face obstacles and can turn out to be juicy in the future. Bingo!
- Aquarius: The New Moon in your sign boosts your abilities. Your excellent form and fierce willpower bring down all obstacles. Good for you!
- Pisces: The New Moon inspires you with good ideas. Try not to waste too much time daydreaming: write them down and apply them.
How can the New Moon help you? — It give us the courage to make the most of your new beginning
It's a time of darkness and pause, yet it's full of possibilities, for us to write a beautiful next chapter to our lives. It embodies the essence of a new beginning, or searching, pausing, preparing, and planning processes that set our plans in motion. Furthermore, it can also be seen as a time when the beautiful feminine qualities of reflection and presence take precedence over the masculine principles of action and dynamism. That's right, the New Moon encourages us to think and prepare before taking action.
If you have a professional or romantic project, delve into it during this phase, and then, 15 days later, the Full Moon will illuminate the sky, and it may bring you success and some good news!
📝 Key insight:
The symbolic side of this cycle resonates in the water element and represents emotions, intuition, attraction, creativity, and femininity. This phase has a very important impact on everything to do with relationships because it increases our emotional sensitivity.
What effects does the New Moon have on us?
You can enjoy the benefits of this event in many aspects of your life. From hair care, your diet, gardening to sex, make the most of this time to make changes in your life. Here are 4 cases of the magical effects this phenomenon has on us!
1) It accelerates hair regrowth 👱♀️
If you want your hair to grow back faster, cut your hair when the Moon is in its rising phase, that is, between the New Moon and Full Moon. The same rule also applies to hair removal, including waxing and shaving.
2) It makes weight loss easier 🏃
The body deep-cleans itself during this period and you'll soon see that you lose weight without requiring too much effort. Start a 3-day diet once this phase begins.
3) It makes plants more resistant 🌱
Vegetables are the most resistant when the Moon is in an ascending phase. This is the time to sow any seeds, plant, harvest, or do any grafting.
4) It increases your sex drive 🍆
If your relationship is on the brink of ending, this period is the ideal time to initiate any new projects or surprise your partner. In short, this is the time to breathe a second wind or attempt a second try.
How does it impact our sleep patterns?
Exerts believe that this phenomenon has a strong gravitational pull on the elements, including the human body. Researchers believe that sleeping troubles intensify at this point. As for the most sensitive zodiac signs, they are often impacted more than others and will struggle to get the full 8 hours of required sleep because they are more lunar-sensitive.
Susan Taylor’s insights: Make the most of this event
The New Moon is an important time for all of us. Everything you do, everything you sow around this time will have repercussions, and you will reap the fruits, both good and not so good, at the time of the next Full Moon. This is the time to act, to set up new habits. If you have any questions about your future, if you feel lost, don't hesitate to contact one of our psychics. They will illuminate your future with gentleness and kindness to make the best of this New Moon.
- The future is mine -
Check out these articles:
* Literature Source: The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need, Author; Joanna Martine Woolfolk, Published in 2012 and available here: Amazon - The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need