What Is Reiki?You have probably already heard of the new craze Reiki, but for those of you who haven’t, Reiki is a method of relaxation in which hands are placed on painful areas of the body. The simple act of laying hands on the area of pain is enough to undo energetic knots which are the root cause of both psychological and psychical blockages. Our experts answer all of your Reiki related questions here.
Reiki is a natural healing technique, which emits energy when placing the hands on the affected areas. Reiki comes from the Japanese word REI, which means spiritual essence and KI, which means energy and strength.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is translated to English as ‘universal strength’. The KI energy determines the change of seasons throughout the year and the growth of plants, such as the rose, which opens up in the morning and closes itself up in the evening.
KI energy is vital part of the recovery period. When practicing Reiki, the universal energy is channeled through the practitioner’s hands and Reiki is sent into the patient’s body and the painful areas are targeted. The practice of Reiki does not involve any strenuous physical handling.
What are the principles of Reiki?
- Today, don’t worry.
- Today, don’t get angry.
- Respect your parents and elders.
- Make an honest living.
- Be gracious and give thanks for what you have.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
Reiki is used in very diverse ways and the technique is principally employed to help ease pain. Other uses include:
- Increasing pain resistance.
- Teaching the body to heal itself.
- Reestablishing the spiritual and mental calmness balance.
- Balancing bodily energies.
- Easing energy tension and relaxing the whole body.
- Easing pain (arthritis, migraines, back pain, constipation etc)
- Accompanying medication.
- Detoxifying cells.
- Becoming receptive toa animals, plants, wildlife, oceans, rivers, the Moon and the Sun.
- Relieving psychological problems.
- Helping with addiction to alcohol, drugs, tobacco etc…
- Helping with eating disorders.
- Reducing stress and fear.
- Removing mental blocks.
- Increasing self-confidence.
- Helping to let go of the causes of your problems.
How does a Reiki session take place?
Reiki can be used to treat both previous and present problems, even problems as serious as a car accident. In order for Reiki to work, 3-4 sessions of 1.5hours are needed, but before embarking on a session of Reiki, an interview to address a patient’s needs is required.