Vedic AstrologyVedic astrology is also known as Hindu or Jyotish astrology or astronomy. This particular branch of astrology is prominent for its accuracy and complexity, we’re here to give you an insight into this ancient Indian practice, which was originally used by religious leaders and linked to medicine and chiromancy. This is the place to be to learn about Vedic astrology!
Ganesh, the God with the elephant’s head, is also the God of astrology. Western astrologers use sky maps in circular forms, whereas Vedic astrologers use square shaped cards.
Vedic astrologers divide the 360 degrees of the zodiac into 27 lunar bases. As a rule of thumb, Vedic astrology focuses on the positions of the moon and the ascendants, rather than the sun.
Find your planet using your date of birth!
Vedic astrology is based on 9 planets, whereas Indian numerology considers that the meaning of a number between 1 and 9 is linked to an associated planet.
For example, if you were born on the…
- 1st, 10th, 19th or 28th (2 + 8 = 10 therefore 1 + 0 = 1) Your number is 1, and 1 is linked to Surya (the sun) Gender: Male, Stone: Ruby.
- 2nd, 11th, 20th or 29th – Your number is 2 and is therefore linked to Chandra; the moon. Gender: Female, stone: Pearl.
- 3rd, 12th, 21st or 30th – Your number is 3 and your planet is Guru (Jupiter). Gender: Male, stone: Sapphire.
- 4th, 13th, 22nd or 31st – Number 4 links you to Rahu (the north node) Gender: Female, stone: Cat’s eye stone.
- 5th, 14th or 23rd – Your number is 5; Budha (Mercury) Gender: neutral, stone: Emerald.
- 6th, 15th or 24th – 6 is your number and is linked to Shukra (Venus) Gender: Female, stone: Diamond.
- 7th, 16th or 25th – 7 is your number and therefore links you to Ketu (the south node of the moon) Gender: Neutral, stone: Topaz.
- 8th, 17th or 26th – 8 is your number and Shani (Saturn) is your planet. Gender: Male, stone: Garnet.
- 9th, 18th or 27th – 9 is your number and Mangal (Mars) is your planet. Gender: Male, stone: Red coral.
So, have you found your gemstone and planet?