What Is Reiki? It's An Incredible Source Of Energy And WellbeingReiki was discovered in the 19th century by a Japanese doctor. The art teaches us to listen to our bodies, to de-stress and to relax. In Japanese, Rei means source and Ki means energy, but what is this technique useful for? We wanted to find out more about it, so we tested this gentle practice for you.
Created by Mikao Usui, a medical professor from Kyoto, Reiki allows energy to circulate in the body by laying hands on well-defined areas. Learn more about this practice and its benefits.
What is Reiki?
Reiki doesn’t substitute traditional medicines but allows you to heal areas of stress and weakness in a natural way. This technique is compatible with techniques such as plant reflexology as it accentuates it's effects. In order to perform it, you need to be at peace in your mind and patient that learning the art may take time.
🌟 Looking for True Love & Happiness? Contact a Psychic expert for further insights 🌟
What happens during a Reiki treatment?
The healer will close their eyes and start the treatment by placing their hands over each zone of your body for approximately 3 minutes. The person receiving the treatment also closes their eyes and needs to try and fully relax. A slight warmth and tingling are the feelings that one may experience during the session. This feeling allows the healer to listen to your body and to place their hands in the appropriate place on the patient’s body.
Anyone can receive Reiki and at any age. This practice can be used in an emergency, for example a painful injury or an anxiety attack can be greatly helped by the method. It's performed fully clothed. A full, sat down treatment can be completed in 20 minutes or you can ask the master to focus on one specific section of your body.
How else can Reiki be used?
There are other, less well-know, but just as effective uses of this treatment.
- You can use the technique on pets as well as humans! Your cat or dog can benefit from a moment of relaxation. After your first attempt of treatment, if your pet runs away with no interest in what you have done it show they do not need the treatment. If, on the other hand the pet comes back and is showing interest and wanting to stay around it is because their instinct is telling them to return and re-do the experience.
- It's the same for plants! Imagine if your geraniums are struggling from dehydration, as you water it take the time to place your hands around the pot and transmit your energy through to it and you’ll find your plant completely revitalized.
- When you’re cooking your favourite dish, place your hands around the bowls at the various stages and take a moment of pause to transmit your positive energy through to what is on the plate.
- A work, if you’re writing a personal email or filling in tax return forms, nothing is stopping you from using the technique and transmitting your energy into the work you’re doing… (However don’t rely on this guaranteeing a generous tax return!)
- For personal matters such as a love letter it is definitely guaranteed to be helpful as you transmit your positive energy to guide and protect you.
My experience with Reiki
It was the first time we had ever tried Reiki and achieving the feeling of ‘letting go’ is difficult but not impossible! Learning the art of it is immensely gratifying. We’ve since continued our practice and learnt together how to use Reiki to help someone who is suffering from anxiety.
The key word to remember when learning the art is patience, the concept does not work if you are not relaxed and therefore it is suggested that you wait at least 3 months between the different stages and use the time to practice and become confident in what you have learnt.